E-commerce has grown faster in the UK than most countries in the world, but as demand for such services increases, it is more important than ever to know your customer.
E-commerce as a whole is thriving in the UK, which is now the third largest ecommerce market in the world and it is continuing to expand, with the volume of sales expected to be 10% higher this year than in 2018.
This means there are some great opportunities for the firms that have the best marketing strategies, but to achieve greater sales and market share requires a very good understanding of target markets. This is not something that is arrived at by accident; good research into the nature of the customer base and what motivates them to seek out certain products and services is essential.
This is why using the marketing expertise BeUniqueness can offer will be extremely useful in helping you identify the ‘buyer persona’ to which your efforts will need to be directed, ensuring you are focused on the right target people with an effective marketing strategy.
What does a buyer persona look like?
A buyer persona is an archetype that represents the common characteristics your customer is likely to have. These fall into different categories:
- Demographic aspects like age, sex, gender and ethnicity
- Situations like income, profession and marital status
- Most importantly, their likes, dislikes, problems and desires
Bearing all these things in mind, you can shape your marketing strategy around seeking to meet the needs of this persona. The most important element will be the last of the three, as the question of ‘what do they want/ need?’ should be answered by the goods or services that you can provide.
The persona is not something that can be made up on the spot or based on guesswork, but on the best data available. In addition, it will often need to be updated over time to ensure it remains relevant, for example in response to changing consumer tastes or lifestyles or shifting demographics such as an ageing population.
Which digital marketing services would be best for E-Commerce?
Once the persona is in place, there are various services that can be used very effectively to target it.
- Social media marketing - You can target the social media sites the persona tends to use most, helping bring in more potential customers
- Call tracking - You can enhance your e-commerce strategy by using the latest analytics software to find out which ads, keywords and campaigns work most effectively, both online and on the phone.
- Web survey - To be successful in e-commerce you need a great website. A survey van help you find out how customers feel about your site and our firm, giving you great insights to help you fine-tune your online services.
These tools can all place the buyer persona at the heart of your marketing strategy and help you reach them more effectively.
How BeUniqueness can help
With our team of experienced marketers, BeUniqueness can help you to develop a buyer persona that fits your business. This can then be the basis of a marketing mix that will enable you to target the right people and ensure that you get a strong return on your marketing investment.