How can better SEO raise the profile of a small firm?
Small firms are by definition always fighting a battle for recognition, but good SEO is one way of achieving a much higher profile.
SEO, or search engine optimisation, is crucial for anyone who wants their online content to get noticed. For any small firm, this is particularly the case, because without a full marketing department or a large budget, an effective online marketing strategy is likely to be the most effective way of getting seen.
Content marketing offers a potentially powerful tool for driving traffic to your site, with the content itself, if well written, providing readable, interesting and useful information. Readers who enjoy it will come back for more, which is important bearing in mind the ‘rule of seven’, the dictum that a person must encounter a marketing message seven times on before they make a buyer decision.
Why does good SEO matter?
However, without good SEO they will be unlikely to encounter your content. You will be competing for space on search engines with a myriad of other content providers, yet research has shown that only content that makes the first page is likely to be seen; few people look on page two or beyond.
Good keywords are essential:
- These need to match well with what your potential customers are looking for.
- They can be short-tail (one word or a short phrase)
- They can be long-tail (a longer string of words that matches a more detailed search).
However, keywords alone are not enough. Search engines will also rank on factors like reliability, authority and much else.
What matters besides keywords?
This means that good SEO requires plenty more to be added. For example:
- Authoritative backlinks
- Inserting high-quality images or even videos.
- Relevance; search engine algorithms filter out irrelevant sites that have used popular search times just to attract traffic.
Building up a page one ranking is not something that can be achieved overnight. It takes good optimised content around six months on average to get to page one and remaining there takes plenty of work.
For this reason, if you are a new firm or simply new to producing optimised content, you will need to be patient. If you wish to hit the first page sooner, you might want to consider alternatives in the short term such as paid search and pay-per-click advertising.
What services do we recommend for a small enterprise?
- A PPC campaign can gain new leads for your firm before your organic SEO is established
- Email marketing is a great way to follow up your leads
- Branding services can help you develop a distinctive identity in a crowded market
- Website developmentservices can help ensure you have a site that helps you to grow
How we can help
At BeUniqueness, we can help you develop a content strategy involving blogs, news and other optimised content that can raise your profile. With quality, consistent writing, we can raise you up to a high ranking and ensure far more traffic goes to your site - enabling your small business to grow.