8 Reasons Why You Should Automate Your eCommerce Business
By Rob Green
29 Dec 2022
Running an e-commerce store is a lot of work. From looking after the entire follow-up process, including marketing, communication, fulfillment, shipment, and everything else in between. It can get daunting at times.
To keep your business up and running you have to look after multiple small tasks at the same time. End result? You’re not left with any time to focus on the big picture., which could potentially take your business to a whole new level.
What if nothing was done and everything just happened as it was supposed to?
In that case, e-commerce automation can act as the silver bullet you’re looking for.
Getting your store automated will save you time and maximize your efficiency which results in you getting free from mundane tasks.
How can E-commerce Automation help your business?
Without any doubt, eCommerce automation opens the door to more creative projects. Let’s have a look at how you can streamline your workflow, team, and tasks with your eCommerce store automation.
- Streamline your operations management: When it comes to ordering, sorting, and delivering your item, the entire process can get tedious. Many businesses use project management tools to organize their process as it:
- Update stocks automatically
- Set up notifications when their stock changes.
- Sync customer information with your inventory management system
- Send order information to customers once they pay
Investing in an operations automation system can result in:
- Faster delivery and shipping
- Decreased stockouts
- Less chance of theft and loss
- Customize with customer segmentation: Customer Segmentation allows you to target your audience with relevant ads, emails, and social media posts, and even personalize the on-site experience to send them customized emails, promotions, and advertisements.
Segmentation can be done by:
- Demographics: Age, gender, occupation, etc.
- Geographics: Location and time
- Psychographics: Personality, attitude, values, and interests
- Technographic: Mobile usage, website usage, apps
- Buyer behavior: Customer lifetime value, purchase history
3, Recover Abandoned Carts
In March 2021, almost 80% of online shopping orders were abandoned. We don't have time to single-handedly send individual abandoned cart emails. Here email marketing automation can help to send dynamic abandoned cart emails and recover lost sales on autopilot.
4. Take on more complex business processes
Automation allows you to consider the more complex business process. It allows you to operate better as a business. It helps you with:
- Multi-location fulfillment – Fulfill from the cheapest or closest location
- Drop ship – Integrate directly with suppliers to expand product assortment
- Automate returns process – Make returns easy and smooth for customers
- Display on-hand inventory – Allow customers to shop by available inventory and stop overselling
5. Optimal Security
6. Marketing Automation
Automating your marketing means automatically uploading new products, applying discounts, sending targeted emails, publishing content, and creating social media posts.
7. Accounting Automation
Accounting, invoicing, and reconciling can be automated with tools like Xero or Quickbooks Online with your eCommerce platform. These tools automatically keep track of your inventory and shipping software.
8. Customer Journey
A modern customer journey is complex. Automated journey mapping tools such as Hive9 and Infingrow can provide valuable insights to your team whereas customer success software like Totango can help you design, trial, and scale your journeys.
Every eCommerce brand, big or small can benefit from implementing eCommerce automation and there are surely many ways you can automate your business process.
As there are so many tools in the market, make sure you use the right one.
Using a separate tool for a separate task can be complicated and difficult to manage. What if you get a solution to all your automation needs under one roof?
BeUniqueness’s DFY eCommerce7 figure in a box eliminates all your time spent on researching the best tools, managing and paying for them separately, The DFY system skips your trial and error phase and establishes your eCommerce store from the ground up to a 7-figure store.
Discover more about BeUniqueness’s DFY eCommerce 7 figure in a box