How great content and SEO can help retail firms thrive
The UK retail sector has changed significantly in recent years. There has been a major shift away from the high street to the e-commerce sector as consumers increasingly seek to shop online. This means retail firms need to create awareness of their online services as well as their physical stores.
Ecommerce is not just the preserve of specialist firms with big warehouses and no high street stores. Lots of retailers have online arms and are therefore able to offer a choice of how people buy their goods and services.
With such a crowded marketplace, gaining - and retaining - the attention of consumers is not easy. For that reason, in today’s digital world you need to have a marketing strategy that can help steer potential customers down the buyer journey.
This journey begins with awareness, but you need to follow it up with marketing activities aimed at leading the potential customer through the consideration stage to the point where they make a buying decision.
Why does content marketing and SEO make a difference?
- Content marketing - offers a great way to start and continue the buyer journey.
- Working as editorial rather than advertorial content, a good blog or new story will tell your story and increase awareness in what you offer. Moreover, further content should seek to continue to engage the readers to make them think more about making a purchase.
- An important marketing principle in this is the ‘rule of seven’, which notes that the average person needs to see marketing for a firm or product seven times before making a positive buyer decision. Attractive, engaging content can help bring this about.
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) is the process by which content is created in such a way as to boost its chances of appearing on the first age of the search rankings. This includes relevant keywords that fit with the terms people are likely to search for.
Which digital marketing services would be best for your retail firm?
- Great blogs with SEO - these raise awareness of what you have to offer and sell indirectly.
- Social media marketing - You can also tell your firm’s story, gain leads and increase awareness and engagement with potential customers via social media, especially when this is focused closely on the platforms your target market is most likely to use.
- PPC - This can get you access to the first pages of search rankings sooner than ‘organic’ news and blogs, as you pay for space rather than needing to build up a ranking. These are great for getting leads
- Email marketing - this is a great way to follow-up your leads with different marketing messages, according to where people are in the buyer journey.
- Call tracking - To help your retail firm thrive, find out what ads, keywords and campaigns work best over the phone and on the web, using state-of-the art analytics software
- Review collection - A facility to collect and post reviews about your products, services and business location provided by your customers for you, giving your retail firm valuable insights to help shape future strategies
How can BeUniqueness help?
BeUniqueness can offer a wealth of marketing expertise as well as a wide choice of options. Each firm can have a tailored solution based on its needs and target market, helping you tell your story and then follow it up to turn potential customers into real ones.