The brand essence of your firm has the potential to be a very powerful tool in attracting customers and retaining them. For this reason, it needs plenty of development work and subsequent attention.
The brand essence of a firm can be defined as the thing that comes into the minds of people when they hear or see the company’s name. It includes not just what the company does, but its values and approach to the work it does, ideally something that truly stands out.
It is not the same thing as the logo or symbols of a brand, but rather it is the response that is generated in the minds of those who encounter the logo or marketing messages.
- Firstly, it needs to be sufficiently well established
- Secondly, it must be positive. This is where the essence becomes a central element of your wider marketing strategy
- In the first instance, knowledge of your brand essence fits with the awareness stage of the buyer journey for potential customers
- They need to know what you do
- They need to know why
- The brand essence provides a simple, but powerful way of doing all this
- It must be the part of the marketing message that not just tells people what you are about
- It must be sufficiently memorable that it is embedded in the minds of those who encounter it anywhere from mobile websites to printed literature.
Therefore, while developing a powerful brand essence to begin with is important, it also needs to be nurtured and managed over time.
How we can help
At BeUniqueness, we have lots of experience of helping firms develop distinctive and positive brands. With our help, you can develop an essence that communicates clearly what you stand for, while offering consumers a compelling reason to be interested in what you have to offer.