Digital marketing in the legal sector
By Mohamed Elhawary
30 Jun 2019
It’s a fact that the majority of SMBs within the legal sector spend the majority of their budget on conventional advertising; that’s newspaper advertising, events and radio and TV advertising. These methods of promotion are all expensive, with a recent study issued by First4lawyers in September 2017 showing that a typical annual spend ranges from £50,000 - £75,000.
The other problem with this form of promotion is that it typically involves decisions being made at executive level. This typically means that campaigns are launched without sufficient consultation with a marketing team, or an outsourced team of field experts. This is problematic, because there is no real thought involved in the process – it just seems to be a trend, but not a particularly effective one.
These days, this form of marketing isn’t nearly as cutting edge as digital marketing – that’s marketing through websites, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and social media, which are the statistically most effective marketing strategies. And this is an area that the legal sector has not effectively exploited thus far.
Changed to: Clearly then, there is a disconnect between the legal sector and modern, effective, market-winning strategies. The statistics back this up:
- Google AdWords show that the Click-Through Rate – that’s the proportion of site visitors who click on hyperlinks that lead to other pages – is lower in the legal sector that in any other.
- The Cost per Acquisition (CPA) is higher than in any other sector.
- Consequently, in the legal sector, companies are spending more than any other industry to achieve a success rate that is lower than any other industry.
- The result is a massive waste of money.
What are legal firms learning as an alternative?
The knock-on effect of this is that many legal firms are now seeking professional advice from specialist digital marketing firms. The goals are to sell more successfully while spending less, building brand reputation and, ultimately, improving Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI). But while there are a lot of firms out there offering this kind of solution package, there is something else to consider: specialism.
One of the reasons that the legal sector is so poorly represented in terms of brand efficiency is that digital marketing firms tend to be less bespoke, more one-size-fits-all.
- This means that while they may understand brand development, they don’t really know how to achieve mass appeal specifically within the legal sector.
- This is an issue, as it is a highly specialised sector which requires careful preparation, consideration and analysis.
Why does each firm need a tailored digital marketing strategy?
At BeUniqueness, we know just how to help the legal industry through digital marketing. And everything we do is focused on a firm as an individual entity. We start off with a visit to your business to really establish what it is you offer – your USP, your message. We don’t charge for this; this is the bare minimum that we need to go through to be able to really understand your company.
From there, we are a one-stop shop for the entire process of brand development, allowing for a greater level of efficiency and the knock-on cost savings associated with this. Our entire goal, remember, is to increase your returns while reducing the bottom line. We can work from your premises to narrow the communication gap, working with you on a daily basis to create a completely bespoke, on-message strategy. And to supplement this, we report on performance real-time, ensuring maximum efficiency with no time lags between issues and fixes.
What else is on offer?
We also use operational software companies that offer the best possible customer experience - the goal here is to increase the speed of business operations and lower costs.
- With a wide range of packages on offer, from Freemium to pay-as-you-go, we ensure that we meet budgetary requirements of all firms
- We do this while providing a bespoke offering to reach any niches in the legal sector.
- We also want to help you better understand the science behind marketing for yourself, so that you are more effective in your future approach.
- To achieve this, we offer personalised meetings, training videos and ongoing advice that involves you more in your own strategy and gives you another tangible advantage over your competition.
How BeUniqueness can improve your branding
Digital marketing is not the future any more – it’s the here and now. There has never been a better time to get started improving your branding, so get in touch with us and let’s work together to grow your business.